This is not your mother’s hot chocolate. Or at least my mother’s hot chocolate, which was, and still is, Swiss Miss. Now, I loved my Swiss Miss as a kid. And I love a good cup of Stephen’s hot cocoa now. This hot chocolate isnot an everyday cup of cocoa. It’s a thick, dark, decadent, rich cup of chocolate. A grown up drink. Hey, kids- you get out the Swiss Miss, Mommy will have this.
Oh, if you are on a diet, walk away, now.
Heavenly Hot Chocolate
Yield 2 servings
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar
- 4 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, not unsweetened (60-70 % Cacao)
- whipped cream for topping
- Heat milk, cream and Confectioners sugar in heavy pan over medium high heat until mixture bubbles. Remove pan from heat, and add chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted and blended well.
- Pour into small cups and top with a spoonful of whipped cream.