Make these for your DAD today.
Ruth's Mile High Biscuits
- 12 oz flour (about 2 1/2-2 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and butter till crumbly, using a pastry cutter, or two knives.
- Add the buttermilk, egg and water. Mix just until all of the wet and dry ingredients are combined,
- Pat out onto a floured surface. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter, or a glass.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.
-Don't be concerned when these aren't "mile high". They rise about as much as any other biscuit recipe I have tested, about 2 inches total. The name may have come from the altitude in Emigration Canyon, where the biscuits are served :)-These biscuits are a perfect combo of tender, a little sweet and salty.