Back by popular demand, ABK’s third annual Christmas Cookie Extravaganza!
I know, you’re excited. For the next several days, I’ll share some amazing new cookie recipes for you to try this holiday season.
First up: Every Christmas cookie tray needs a ginger cookie. You’ll love this cookie. I made about 4 batches in November. They freeze well, so you can start baking today and store them in the freezer to take out later in the month.
Freezing is a good idea.
That or buying the next size up in pants.
ABK's 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Extravaganza - Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses (light or dark)
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- granulated sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs and molasses, mix until smooth.
- Add flour, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Mix just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Form dough into balls ( I used a 1-inch cookie scoop) and roll each ball of dough in granulated sugar. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 6-8 minutes or until set. Do not over bake. Cookies will be puffy when removed from oven, but will flatten as they cool. Tops will look cracked.
- Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.
-You may make the dough and store in refrigerator up to one week until ready to bake.-You may use powdered sugar if you like the cookie to have more of a white appearance on top.-When freezing, lay flat on a jelly roll pan or large plastic container. Place cookies in single layers in pan, separate with wax or parchment paper.