One of my resolutions for 2013. Cook more.
Okay, for real. You know what’s so great about making your own salad dressing? You can pronounce all of the ingredients. I’m posting three recipes this week I tried recently. Loved all three: Poppyseed, Bleu Cheese and Creamy Balsamic. Each one takes about 5 minutes or less to throw together. So simple. Want to feel accomplished in 2013? Forget about your resolutions; make your own salad dressing. People will praise you. Your lettuce will thank you. You’ll feel like a new person. Serious. Home made dressing. It’s that good.
ABK Copycat Brianna's Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo, light or regular (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion (white, yellow or sweet onion, optional)
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and onion and process for 30 seconds.
- With blender or food processor on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
-If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can make this in a large bowl using a whisk or a hand mixer.-You may make the dressing without the mayo and add it after all of the other ingredients if you prefer. If the dressing is not as creamy as you would like, or too tart, add the mayo.-Keeps for weeks in the refrigerator.