Best three ingredient salad.
Tomato, Cucumber and Cottage Cheese Salad
- Tomatoes, any type about 2 cups
- Cucumbers, about 1 large or 3-4 small
- 16 oz low fat cottage cheese, I prefer small curd
- fresh ground pepper
- Wash and cut the tomatoes. Wash the cucumbers and seed if desired. Slice the cucumbers into small pieces or if using large cukes, slice long way, into fourths, so you have four long slices, then seed. Cut the cucumber into chunks. I like to leave the skin on for color.
- Using a medium size bowl, preferably clear, layer the tomatoes, cucumber and cottage cheese, as you would if making a yogurt parfait. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serves 6-8 as a side dish.
-This salad can be made year 'round, but is best in the summer months when garden cucumbers and tomatoes are available. That said, it is also best made with tomatoes that are NOT juicy. I like to make it with cherry or grape tomatoes (simple to slice them in half, or leave them whole in the salad) so there is not an issue with the tomatoes giving off too much water and making the salad runny.