Pumpkin Banana Bread with Orange Glaze
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup Libby's pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon half and half
- dash of salt
- Place the rack in the center of the oven, and generously grease and line the bottom of two loaf pans with parchment or wax paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat for about 1 minute. Add sugar beat again for 1 minute. Add the oil, pumpkin, bananas and vanilla. Beat until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into the bowl with the pumpkin mixture. Mix just until the wet and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes in pan. Loosen sides of loaf if necessary with butter knife. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix glaze with whisk. Place wire rack over a cookie sheet. Pour the glaze over the loaves and let any excess glaze drip onto the cookie sheet.
- Yields 2 loaves
I make a liner for the loaf pan by placing parchment or wax paper under the pan and tracing around the bottom of the pan. Cut the paper on the line. Place the paper in the bottom of the loaf pan and spray sides of pan and bottom (on top of the paper liner) generously with cooking spray.I bake in 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 pans. When I place the batter in the pans, they fill the pans over 3/4 full. There is about a 1/2 - 3/4 inch space to the top of the loaf pan. This recipe will easily yield 3 smaller loaves. Adjust the baking time to 45 minutes then check to make sure loaf is set.