I’ve always loved the combination of raspberry and coconut. Raspberry and coconut on top of a buttery crust? Perfection. These Raspberry Coconut Bars will be the darling of your Christmas Cookie tray. They’ll add that bit of color- white and red to your tray that you’ll love.
This cookie is chewy and sweet and a little fruity. I love the rich buttery crust topped with a layer of raspberry jam, sprinkled with coconut. And the meringue topping is so pretty! You can also cut the pieces into diamond shapes or place the pieces into a muffin cup liner. So many options. I had to hide my pan of cookies so they would end up on cookie plates and not on our dinner plates!
Raspberry Coconut Bars
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set rack in center of oven.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks gradually and add the flour.
- Mix just until flour disappears.
- Pat the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a light golden color.
- Leave oven on.
- Remove pan from oven and let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon jam onto crust so the jam is distributed evenly over surface.
- Using a knife, spread the jam gently over the surface of crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coconut.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl with whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Spread the meringue over the baked mixture gently.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Cut into squares.