What’s a Cafe Rio salad without the dressing? While other copycat recipes use Ranch packets, this recipe is all home made. Tomatillos are found in the refrigerated section of your produce department. You’re going to love this.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not light)
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, washed, stems removed
- 3 tomatillos, quartered (remove outer paper-like skin)
- 2 stems green onion, green parts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- salt to taste, about 1 teaspoon
- Place all ingredients in a blender or use a hand immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yield, about 20 servings.
- Keeps in fridge for about 10 days.