Guess what the weather forecast is for the weekend. If you said SNOW, you’re a winner. Heavy sigh. Last week, we went to Southern Utah for baseball.
Sun. I remember you. Warm. Blue skies. Sunscreen. No boots.
Then Monday came, reality along with it. Back to the North.
Snowy day= The perfect time to bake bread.
If you are a lifer on A Bountiful Kitchen, you know I love my friend Tessa. And I love her cooking. Tessa brought this to a dinner party at Christmas and I fell in love. So simple. No kneading. No mixer required. Makes two loaves.Perfect for sharing on a cold winter day.
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour
- melted butter
- Place yeast, water, sugar and salt in warm water and stir until dissolved. Add flour and stir until blended. Do not knead.
- Cover and let rise for one hour or doubled in size. Flour or grease hands and remove dough from bowl and place in 2 rounds on oiled cookie sheet ( or parchment paper ) sprinkled with corn meal. Let rise and additional hour. Brush top with melted butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush again with butter.
- Serve warm.