Do you love baked artichoke dip? This is similar, but also incorporates sun dried tomatoes. It’s rich, creamy and a little tangy. It’s a one bowl- mix, spread and bake process. If you’ve got five minutes, you have time to whip up this recipe. You’ll have an appetizer guaranteed to please everyone from cowboys to food snobs.
Perfect for ringing in
See you next year 🙂
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3-4 oz marinated artichokes, drained, chopped in half (approx. ½ cup before chopping)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish (optional, but really adds color to dish)
- ⅓ cup mayonaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 french baguette, cut into ¾ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack on top third of oven.
- Gently mix together sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and mayo. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto baguette slices and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. The topping should puff up slightly and turn bit golden on top.
- Remove from oven. Place on plate and serve immediately, sprinkle with additional chopped parsley if desired.
-To "drain" the sun dried tomatoes, I use a fork to remove the tomatoes from the jar. No need to use a strainer.
-Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast them under the broiler if you like the bread more crunchy. Top with the spread and bake as directed.
-To serve as a dip, simply mix up the artichoke and tomato mixture and spoon into a small oven proof dish. Bake for 15 minutes as directed. Serve with veggie slices, chips, crackers, pita slices or bread.