Miss Leisa's Potato Salad
- 2 pounds tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing or light salad dressing
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet or dill pickles I used sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Coarsely ground black pepper optional
In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender. Drain well. Let potatoes cool. Cut into cubes.
In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise dressing , celery, onion, pickles, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and egg, gently tossing to coat.
Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
To serve, stir enough of the milk into salad to reach desired consistency. Season to taste with additional pepper.
-The mayonnaise dressing called for is a dressing like Miracle Whip. Since I don't usually purchase Miracle Whip, I subbed regular mayo, and added a teaspoon of sugar to give it a sweet flavor.
- I was in a hurry, as usual, so I did not wait for the salad to chill 6 hours before serving.