Sheri's Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. small- shell shaped pasta
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 lg can small or medium pitted olives, drained well
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 to matoes seeded and chopped
- or 8 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan optional
- 8-10 oz. crumbled feta reserve some for topping salad
- 1 cup prepared Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Cook pasta according to package directions, taking care to not overcook. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
Add celery, olives, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes to pasta in large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing, mayo, oregano and pepper.
Fold dressing and cheeses into pasta- vegetable mixture.
Add tomatoes, folding in gently.
Sprinkle reserved feta on top of salad before serving.
Tips: -I used about 2/3 of the dressing. I think next time I'll cut the mayo to 1/2 cup and try 1 1/4 cup Italian dressing. -Best to make and let sit for a couple of hours in refridge. -I used about 1 1/2 lbs pasta total. -the large can of olives have "6 oz drained weight" label on front of can.