Tessa's Southwest Chicken Rollups
- 3-4 cups cooked chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups corn if in season, about 2 large cobs, cooked and cut off cob
- 1-15.5 oz can black beans washed and drained
- 1 1/2- 2 cups fresh spinach washed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese grated
- 14-16 10 inch tortillas I prefer thin flour tortillas for this recipe
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all filling ingredients together in a medium to large bowl. Mix lightly.
Spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup filling in the middle of each tortilla, depending on how thick or thin you want the rolls to be. Roll tightly and place on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Brush the top of the tortillas lightly with canola, vegetable or olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and serve immediately or at room temperature with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
-Great as an appetizer or main dish.-Great as a make ahead dish. Prepare, cover tightly with foil. Place in fridge until ready to bake and serve. Remove foil before baking. Make up to 2 days ahead.-This recipe was altered from Tessa's original recipe - her recipe called for most of the same main ingredients, I just increased the amounts of the ingredients, to make the recipe more user and family friendly. Instead of 1/4 cup of black beans, I altered it to include the whole can of black beans.