I’m all out of guy food after this post. It’s just not my speciality. When I tried this appetizer at a dinner in December, I thought – Grant and the boys will LOVE this. My friend Diane made this, and believe me, she knows all about guy food. She is the mom of 4 boys, and Bob. It’s yummy (sorry NOT a guy word) and easy. Speaking of – did you know there is an official list of words guys never use? Some of the words are: yummy, scrumptious, fabulous, cute, delightful… come to think of it – I hardly use any of these words. Except yummy. So, this fabulous appetizer will be added to our Super Bowl food lineup. I’m still trying to get excited over the whole thing. I just barely found out the Steelers and the Arizona team (don’t even know their name) are playing… Delightful.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 chicken breasts halves, cooked and chopped, or one rotisserie chicken, chopped
- ½ bottle Franks Hot Sauce
- ½ cup grated cheddar/jack mix
- 1 cup Mozzarella, grated or chopped if using fresh
- 1 bottle Roka Blue Cheese Dressing
- Spread the cream cheese in a 9 x 13 pan. In a bowl combine chopped chicken, hot sauce and ½ cup each of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Dump this mixture over the cream cheese. Drizzle the Blue Cheese dressing over top. Top with grated mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or baguette slices.
-I used about ½ bottle of the Blue Cheese dressing.