Williams Sonoma Triple Chocolate Brownies
Yield 16 squares
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs beaten, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips*
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips*
- 2/3 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 325°F. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, grease foil.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Heat, stirring often, until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 25-35 minutes. Do not over bake. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into squares.
-You may use any combination of chocolate chips, milk, white or dark chocolate. A total of 1 1/2 cups total. - I have also used 3/4 cups chocolate chips and an additional 2 tablespoons of flour.