Here’s the couscous dish I told you about yesterday. Loved it with the Cream Cheese Enchiladas. Unbelievably simple. And if you were feeling guilty about the cream cheese and sour cream in the enchiladas, this dish has very little fat. Perfect side for the rich enchiladas. Have a great weekend!
- 1 cup couscous, dry (equals about 3-4 cups cooked)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from one lime
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Combine the couscous, cumin, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the boiling water and seal bowl with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After couscous has "cooked" break up with fork so the pieces are not clumped together. Stir remaining ingredients into couscous. Add more salt and fresh ground pepper if needed.
- May be served hot, cold or at room temperature.