Hooray, our plums are finally ripe! I found this recipe in the August Southern Living Magazine and thought it would be a perfect way to use up some of our fruit. We served it with Honey Lime Enchiladas.
Everyone at dinner agreed- it’s a keeper.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped plums
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Add mangoes and next 4 ingredients, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours.
-You may slice or chop the fruit, I preferred it chopped.