How many ways are there to change up a pumpkin cookie?? Frosting, no frosting, chocolate chips, gluten free… Yesterday I was determined to create a new twist. I was testing the mini “fun” bars in my (what seems like) 20 lb package of Halloween candy that is stashed in my pantry for um, yes… trick or treaters. Just making sure all of the mini versions of Snickers, Twix, Reeses and Milky Way bars taste the same this year as in the past 40 years.
Happy to report they do.
And then it hit me. Milky Way bars in pumpkin cookies.
Soft pumpkin cookies with bits of melted caramel and milk chocolate ribbons.
Pumpkin and caramel lovers will be in heaven.
Give them a try.
You might want to name your next child after me.
Chewy Pumpkin Milky Way Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 fun size Milky Way Bars, cut into 4-5 slices
- Positions rack in middle of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl, set aside. In another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until smooth. On low speed, mix in rest of wet ingredients. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add the dry ingredients. Mixing just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in Milky Way bars.
- Scoop the batter out onto a parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. About 8-9 cookies per sheet. Bake until the tops feel firm about 12-14 minutes. Cool completely. Cookies are best when eaten within 2 days.
-You may substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in the recipe. -It is best (but not necessary) to refrigerate the candy bars before using in this recipe. This prevents the melted bars from oozing outside of the cookie. -If the cookies lose their shape while baking and do not come out of the oven in a nicely formed circle, take a silicone spatula and push the sides of the cookies inward to form a circle while the cookies are still hot. -Make sure the cookies are baked through, while most cookies taste better when under baked a little, this cookie is better if baked until done.