If you have a food assignment for Thanksgiving, and you are hesitant to try anything too risky, this is your dish. Guaranteed homemade success.
Make a double batch, scoop into a mason jar, tie with string and you’ll have the perfect hostess gift.
Only 3 more days!
Happy Thanksgiving week.
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar white or brown
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate*(optional)
- 8 oz dried cherries**
- 1 10-12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar, cinnamon and 2-3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the fresh cranberries and dried cherries. Cook for about another 3-4 minutes, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens a bit. Don't worry, it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Let cool, then pour into dish or jars, cover and set in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Yields enough sauce for approx 8-12 adults, depending on if they are cranberry sauce lovers, or not 🙂 Keeps for about 1 month.
-**some dried cherries have sugar added, some do not. Either works for this recipe.
-you may partially cover the saucepan if the berries are splattering as they burst.