October means the beginning of pumpkin season! Pumpkin Sheet cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is easy to make and will be your new favorite fall dessert.
Pumpkin baked good are always on my list of favorite treats in the fall. Pumpkin provides the best ingredient for cooking a moist and flavorful dessert. If you have had a difficult time baking without dry results, this recipe is fool proof! You’ll love the way these bars turn out a cake that is so moist, it gets better with time. I especially like Pumpkin Sheet Cake a day or two after they are baked. My friends that cook gluten free also tell me pumpkin is the best way to make a gluten free dessert that doesn’t taste gluten free! This pantry friendly recipe is perfect for fall gatherings. I love it for potlucks, Sunday dinners, girl friend gatherings, Halloween parties…
Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is easy to make when you need a dessert that’s quick and easy to throw together. I make this recipe in one bowl and one pan. Just mix all of the wet ingredients together and then dump in everything dry and mix. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a dessert out of the oven. To quickly cool, I set the pan on my marble countertop and then place in my fridge. Mix up the frosting while the cake is cooling and it’s ready to be iced when cooled completely.
This cake is so easy to serve, you can plate the pieces, or serve on a napkin as well. If you’re a nut lover, chop up some walnuts or pecans to sprinkle on top before the frosting has set up. I’m so looking forward to cooler weather and baking up a storm in my Bountiful Kitchen. Hope you love this fall treat!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rack in center of oven.
- Grease and flour one jelly roll pan. or line with a sheet of parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ground cloves and cinnamon to wet ingredients. Mix all at once, until flour disappears and is blended thoroughly, about 1 minute on low speed.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or on 350 convection for about 20 minutes. Cake should spring back lightly when cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.