It doesn’t get easier than this. This is a dump-and-cook-in-the-crockpot recipe. You can serve it over rice, on tortilla chips, on a bed of lettuce, or in a taco (soft or hard shell). We usually eat it rolled up in a soft flour tortilla, with some lettuce and tomato. This is, by far, my favorite slow cooker recipe.
I’m betting it will be yours too.
- 4 frozen chicken breast halves
- 2-3 cups salsa (red or green) I prefer green
- 1- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or 1-15 oz can corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack if you like it spicy)
- 4 oz cream cheese (regular or low fat)
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the cooker, salt and pepper generously.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Pour the drained black beans and corn on top of the chicken and salsa.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3½ hours.
- When the chicken is done, Spread the grated cheese over the top of the mixture in the slow cooker, and then top with 4 oz of cream cheese. Cover and let cook for another ½ hour.
- Remove lid and gently break up the chicken. Spoon the mixture over tortilla chips, shredded lettuce or taco shells.
-Don't worry about thawing the chicken, it will cook up just fine!