We love this salsa. Made with pomegranates and avocados, it not only has great flavor combinations, but looks really festive for the holidays. It takes about 5 minutes to put together (if you buy the pomegranates seeded, thank you Costco). I made this twice last week and it was a hit both times.
Christmas is coming.
Is your goose getting fat?
- 1-2 pomegranates seeded* or about 1½ cups (see note about purchasing pre-seeded pomegranates)
- 2 tomatoes diced (or about 1½ cups)
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (mostly the tops and a few stems),
- or red onion chopped ½ cup
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- juice of 1 lime, optional
- chopped cilantro, optional
- Place all ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Mix together gently. Let sit at room temperature before serving.
- Best served with large Fritos.
-I halved the original recipe, this recipe serves about 4-6 hungry people or 12 polite people.
-The recipe calls for letting the salsa sit for several hours at room temperature, I made this both times and we ate it up immediately after.
-If you want the salsa to look like the photo attached, make sure to GENTLY mix the salsa.