We love Sheri’s Pomegranate Avocado Salsa. Made with pomegranates and avocados, it not only has great flavor combinations, but looks really festive for the holidays. It takes about 5 minutes to put together (if you buy the pomegranates seeded, thank you Costco). I made this twice last week and it was a hit both times.
Christmas is coming.
Is your goose getting fat?
Sheri's Pomegranate Avocado Salsa
- 1-2 pomegranates seeded* or about 1 1/2 cups see note about purchasing pre-seeded pomegranates
- 2 to matoes diced or about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped mostly the tops and a few stems,
- or red onion chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- juice of 1 lime optional
- chopped cilantro optional
- Place all ingredients in medium sized bowl
Mix together gently. Let sit at room temperature before serving.
Best served with large Fritos.
-*Pomegranates may be purchased pre-seeded at Costco in a two pack. Each container holds about 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate seeds. I used one package, or one half of the Costco container (227g for this recipe).-I halved the original recipe, this recipe serves about 4-6 hungry people or 12 polite people.-The recipe calls for letting the salsa sit for several hours at room temperature, I made this both times and we ate it up immediately after.-If you want the salsa to look like the photo attached, make sure to GENTLY mix the salsa.