We love Sheri’s Pomegranate Avocado Salsa. Made with pomegranates and avocados, it not only has great flavor combinations, but looks really festive for the holidays. It takes about 5 minutes to put together, if you buy the pomegranates seeded, thank you Costco!
Pomegranate Avocado Salsa is a festive and simple appetizer for the holidays! The red and green colors and flavors are perfect for any holiday gathering.
What is not to love about an appetizer that 100% looks as good as it tastes?! And it requires no cooking skills whatsoever. If you can peel a pomegranate and chop a tomato, you’ve got this recipe NAILED.
The one thing between you and culinary perfection is your ability to follow the recipe. As in, read the directions and follow closely the instruction to “fold” ingredients together. Do not stir! If you want the salsa to have a beautiful appearance, chop and fold. That’s it!
How to make Pomegranate Avocado Salsa:
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado.
- Seed the pomegranates, chop the remaining ingredients.
- Fold together gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
This recipe is best served at room temperature, but can be made ahead, refrigerated and then left to sit out about an hour before serving.
Sheri’s Pomegranate Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocados, diced
- juice of 1 lime, seeds removed
- 1-2 pomegranates seeded* or about 1 1/2-2 cups see note about purchasing pre-seeded pomegranates
- 2 tomatoes, diced or about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bunch green onions, or red onion chopped 1/2 cup total
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- chopped cilantro optional
Squeeze the lime over the avocado to keep it from browning into a medium size bowl.
Add rest of ingredients to the bowl.
Fold together gently. Let sit at room temperature before serving.
Best served with large Fritos or tortilla chips.
- It is very important to FOLD the ingredients together. Do not mix or stir, or the avocados will not hold their shape and the pomegranates will discolor the rest of ingredients.
- Pomegranates may be purchased pre-seeded at Costco in a two pack. Each container holds about 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate seeds. I use one package, or one half of the Costco container (227g for this recipe).
- This recipe serves about 4-6 if only one appetizer is served, or about 12 if served with other appetizers or on a buffet.