Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- additional butter for griddle
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Mix with whisk until blended.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix once with a large spoon or whisk, do not over mix, mix just until the ingredients are incorporated, there should be a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat the griddle to about 350 degrees. Melt butter onto griddle.
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, scoop out batter and spread a bit with the edge of the cup. The pancake should be approximately 4-5 inches across.
- Let the pancake cook until several bubbles appear and then pop. Turn the pancake gently, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes on opposite side.
- Do not pat down. Do not flip more than once.
- The pancake is done when poked gently in the middle and the cake springs back.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit and syrup.