Mom would LOVE it if you made Asparagus, Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche for her on Sunday.
Asparagus, Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus washed, tough ends removed, steamed just until bright green
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes seeded
- 1 bunch green onions green stems only, chopped
- 3-4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar
- 1-9 inch pie crust see recipe here
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
After steaming, chop the asparagus into two inch pieces.
Place the asparagus, tomatoes and green onion into the unbaked pie shell. Layer the goat cheese on top of the vegetables.
Beat the eggs and half and half together for about one minute using a mixer or blender.
Pour the egg mixture on top of the vegetables and goat cheese. Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.