Found this recipe and noticed it had 5 stars and over 800 (mostly positive) reviews on Food.com
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins I like golden raisins best
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until fluffy. Place flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt in bowl with wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. Add 3 cups oats, mix with large spoon. Fold in raisins.
Drop dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet, or sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
You may also use a convection setting and bake cookies at 375 for about 7 minutes.
- I scooped these out in small one inch balls and baked about 12 per sheet.-The recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of raisins, I thought 1 cup was just right.