Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
- 1 small onion quartered, or 1/2 sweet onion, 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 medium tomatillos (about 8 ouncehusked, rinsed
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- juice from one lime or about 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle or blended chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp about 20, peeled and deveined
- 12 small yellow or white corn tortillas
- 2 limes cut into wedges
Chop all of the salsa ingredients, season with salt. Juice the lime and pour the juice onto the chopped vegetables, set aside.Heat a stove top or outdoor grill to medium-high. Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not over cook, or the shrimp will become tough.Grill tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave.) Top each tortilla with about 3 shrimp and some avocado salsa. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.
-If you don’t have the time, or don’t have a bbq grill, you may saute the shrimp over medium high heat in a frying pan. Lightly grease the pan or use a non stick pan.