Cobb Salad with Creamy French Dressing
- 1 lb bacon cooked crisp, drained, cooled and chopped
- 6 eggs hard boiled, cooled and chopped
- Green washed, dried and chopped about 12-15 cups or two large heads of lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3-4 avocados chopped (still fairly firm)
- two cucumbers seeds removed and chopped
- 2-3 chicken breast halves cooked and chopped (optional)
- Roquefort cheese or other grated cheese optional
- green onions chopped, (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable canola or olive oil
For the Salad:
Place the greens in a large bowl. Layer all desired ingredients in rows on top of the greens. Chill thoroughly and serve with home made dressings.
Serves about 25 as a side dish.
For the Dressing:
Place all ingredients in blender or bowl and blend on medium or using beaters or immersion blender for about 2-3 minutes. Mixture will thicken. Cover and store in fridge for up to three weeks. Stir before serving.
Makes about 2 2/3 cups or twenty-two 2 tablespoon servings.
-Make sure to wash and dry the greens and toppings thoroughly. You don’t want water in the bottom of the bowl.
-I like to use either Romaine or a combo of Romaine and other greens. Although Cobb Salad is traditionally made with Iceberg lettuce, I think it looks better when made with a dark lettuce. And it’s better for you 🙂
-If at all possible, serve this with a homemade dressing. Trust me, you will be glad you took the extra two minutes to make your own.