Garden Fresh Pasta Salad with Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard grainy or regular
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 lb pasta cooked al dente, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 small zucchini sliced thin
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 green onions sliced, green part only
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Blend oil and vinegar together with whisk. Add all remaining ingredients. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are mixed well. Season with salt and pepper.
Place all ingredients in large bowl. Toss with dressing. If not serving immediately, refrigerate. When ready to serve, toss again, if pasta is too dry, mix in a little more olive oil.
-Try buying an imported dried pasta at an Italian market, or use fresh pasta. If you live in Utah, Tony Caputos or Frank Granato Importing Co. are good sources.