The other day, out of curiosity, I Googled “best cookie recipe” and came up with a list that included this recipe. Seriously, there were about 1,000 reviews, most of them positive. So I thought they were at least worth a try. Do you love peanut butter? Do you love oatmeal cookies? How about peanut butter frosting?
Girl Scout Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream or half and half
In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter , 1 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.
Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet, and press each mound down a little to form 1/2 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown. The cookies need to be slightly browned. Don’t under bake too much, or the cookie won’t be able to support the creme filling.
Cream 6 tablespoons butter with the confectioners’ sugar, 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.
– I used a small cookie scoop, so the cookies would be more uniform and easier to match up after filling.
-Normally, I’m a BIG cookie scoop type of gal. But this cookies is really sweet and rich with the creme filling (AND you are really eating two cookies per serving). I think smaller is better in this case.