Found this recipe for Guacamole Taquero (Taco-Shop Guac) last months issue of Saveur magazine. I altered it a bit. LOVE it. Perfect as a stand alone dip, or with tacos, or on top of enchiladas, taco salad, etc. Tonight we had it with some Southwest Chicken Roll ups, which I’ll post soon. Guacamole Taquero takes about 5 minutes to make. Makes me feel a little closer to my kid serving a mission in Mexico. Last week was his 6 month mark! Wanna see a pic?
Guacamole Taquero (Taco-Shop Guac)
- 6-8 oz tomatillos husked, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno ( 1/2 of the jalapeno seeded)
- 1 Anaheim chili chopped
- 1 large or 2 small avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/2 small white onion
Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups, keeps in refrigerator for about 1 week.