In or out?
Make ahead+crowd pleaser=perfect for any occasion
Canned soup vs home made sauce
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and these Hawaiian Haystacks are the perfect way to celebrate with your loved ones. It’s so easy to make and something everyone, from young to old, will enjoy!
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheese
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- red or green peppers, chopped
- 1 3.8 oz can olives or 15 oz can olives chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 3-4 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained well
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 6-8 oz package spinach
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 cup raisins ( I like golden)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 package chow mein noodles, dried
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Add chicken broth and half and half.
Combine cornstarch and water in measuring cup, mix until smooth.
Add cornstarch slurry to the skillet. Heat, stirring until thickened.
Add chicken, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper – heat through.
Serve with cooked brown or white rice and toppings in individual bowls.