That’s all I’m going to say.
Homemade Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1-16 oz jarSalsa Verde
- 12 oz tomatillos chopped (about 1lb before husking)
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1-14 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
Saute chopped onion in olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for another two minutes. Remove from heat.
Place all of the remaining ingredients in a blender, or use a hand immersion blender, and blend until smooth.
Use in recipes calling for green enchilada sauce.
-Leftovers may be frozen.