Are you struggling to keep your New year’s resolutions to eat healthier? Say yes.
Chocolate Jalapeno Bites
- 1 banana
- 1 jalapeno
- ¾ cup fresh or soaked dried dates
- ½ cup hemp protein powder or rice protein powder
- ½ cup roasted carob powder you may use cocoa powder, if desired
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Sea salt to taste
In a food processor, process dates until they form a paste. Add all other ingredients and form into 1-inch balls. Using a small scoop works best. Refrigerate. May be kept in a tightly covered refrigerator container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Optional: Roll formed balls in a mixture of ½ cup processed macadamia nuts, ¼ cup carob powder and ½ teaspoon powdered or granulated Stevia before serving.
Makes approximately 18 1-inch treats