Day two of the Great Cookie Extravaganza. It’s not really an extravaganza, but I like the way that sounds.
Last year, Kathy Stephenson Food Writer at the Salt Lake Tribune, set up a photo shoot for several home cooks and food bloggers in the SLC area. Kathy asked us to bring in our favorite Christmas cookies and to be prepared to have the cookies (and ourselves) photographed for an upcoming article. There were plates and plates of treats on tables lining the walls of the studio. As I was leaving, Maria ( local food blogger at Two Peas and Their Pod ) offered me a Lime Glazed Coconut Snowball. It looked like an ordinary little coconut covered cookie.
Not ordinary at all.
Tart lime, coconut, soft, sweet. You’re gonna love this one.
Lime-Glazed Coconut Snowballs
adapted (a teeny bit) from Two Peas and Their Pod
Butter Cookie Dough
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 sticks, cut into
- sixteen 1/2-inch pieces room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut pulsed in food
- processor until finely chopped about fifteen 1-second pulses
See Maria's post for directions to bake this delicious cookie!