Salad de Maison with Fresh Lemon Dressing
- 2 bags heart of Romaine lettuce or 1 large head of Romain lettuce cleaned
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 package center cut bacon cooked and chopped (or pre-cooked bacon, crisped and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 package 4 oz slivered almonds, toasted
Salad de Maison dressing
- 3/4 cup oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss with about 1/3 cup of the prepared dressing.
Combine all ingredients, mix well and chill. This is enough for 2 whole salads.
-you may use any type of nuts you like.
-Seasoned croutons can easily be made by taking bread, preferably day old, cutting into cubes and frying in a little olive oil in a pan on stove over medium high heat. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic.