Sheri’s Super Simple Salsa is our family go-to salsa.It’s made with canned, crushed tomatoes so you can make it year round. It’s as good in December as it is in July. In July, just add some fresh cut tomatoes to freshen it up a bit.
It takes about 5 minutes to throw together, and it’s as popular with kids as it is with adults.
Perfect for the busy 4th weekend.
Sheri’s Super Simple Salsa
- 1 large can 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes optional
Mix all ingredients in medium size bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
– This is best when served at room temperature. -In the summer when fresh tomatoes are available, add 1-2 large chopped tomatoes.