It doesn’t get easier than this. This is a dump-and-cook-in-the-crockpot recipe. You can serve it over rice, on tortilla chips, on a bed of lettuce, or in a taco (soft or hard shell). We usually eat it rolled up in a soft flour tortilla, with some lettuce and tomato. This is, by far, my favorite slow cooker recipe.
I’m betting it will be yours too.
Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken
- 4 frozen chicken breast halves
- 2-3 cups salsa red or green I prefer green
- 1- 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or 1-15 oz can corn drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack if you like it spicy
- 4 oz cream cheese regular or low fat
Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
Place the chicken in the cooker, salt and pepper generously.
Pour the salsa over the chicken.
Pour the drained black beans and corn on top of the chicken and salsa.
Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 1/2 hours.
When the chicken is done, Spread the grated cheese over the top of the mixture in the slow cooker, and then top with 4 oz of cream cheese. Cover and let cook for another 1/2 hour.
Remove lid and gently break up the chicken. Spoon the mixture over tortilla chips, shredded lettuce or taco shells.
-The cooking time may vary, depending on the size of your slow cooker and how hot it cooks.-Don’t worry about thawing the chicken, it will cook up just fine!