I originally posted this Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad a couple of years ago. It is a perfect side with our Family Favorite Enchiladas or any type of barbecue dish. Soon, fresh corn and tomatoes will disappear.
Thought you needed a little drama in your life.
Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad
- 6 ears corn or one small bag of frozen corn
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, or 1-2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large sweet onion or about 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- two to three sprigs fresh oregano (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil corn in large pot of water for about 7 minutes. Drain and plunge corn into cool water. Cut corn off cob and set aside to cool completely. If using frozen corn, do not thaw.
- Chunk tomatoes and onion. Coarsely chop basil and strip the oregano off stems. Place cooled corn, chopped vegetable and herbs into large bowl. Toss with vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste. Serve chilled or room temperature