- 1 loaf dense crusty Italian Bread
- 1 -2 lbs fresh mozzarella cubed
- 2 large tomatoes cut into large chunks total of about 2 cups
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all dressing ingredients. Place the cubed bread on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until toasted.(If you are short on time, or like the bread fresh and not toasted, skip this step).
In a large bowl, combine bread, cheese, tomatoes, olives and basil. Pour dressing over top, toss and serve immediately.