This Easy Cheesy Baked Jalapeno Dip is cheesy perfection and a must-have dish for your Super Bowl spread this year. With a little kick from the fresh jalapenos, combined with a blend of delicious cheeses, this dip is dangerously addictive and is sure to be the first to go at your party!
What to serve at your Super Bowl Party
What goes well with the Super Bowl? FOOD. Always food. If there’s any reason to gather, it should always be accompanied with delicious food. This Baked Jalapeño Dip is no exception, and it’s perfect for your football-crazed family this game day!
We love any and all kinds of dip in our family. Easy Cheesy Baked Jalapeño Dip is one of our favorites and is packed with flavor. Fresh jalapenos, three different types of cheeses, a touch of hot sauce, baked to bubbling perfection. Yeah, you definitely need this dip for your Super Bowl spread.
If you’re looking for more delicious cheesy appetizers to serve, here are some of our favorites: Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip (photo below), Buffalo Wing Dip, Three Easy Homemade Cheeseballs, Vintage White Cheddar Dip and Baked Crab, Shrimp and Artichoke Dip. You cannot go wrong with any of these recipes!
The easiest cheesiest dip!
Need another reason to make this dip? It’s easy as pie to make. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees, mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and place in a greased, oven safe dish. Top with more cheese and bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly! We like to serve this dip with tortilla chips, crackers, sliced baguette or soft pita bread.
What ingredients you need to make Baked Jalapeno Dip:
- cream cheese
- mayo regular or low fat
- cheddar cheese (sharp is best)
- grated mozzarella cheese, not fresh mozzarella
- diced green onion
- lemon juice
- hot sauce
- additional mozzarella for topping
Tips for making the best easy Jalapeño Dip:
- Make sure the Cream Cheese is room temperature for a smooth dip. If the cream cheese is cold, it will not blend well with other ingredients. If you forget to remove from the fridge early, remove from fridge, remove wrapper and place on a plate. Cut in half width-wise. Microwave for 20 seconds, let sit for one minute in the microwave without opening door. You can use low fat cream cheese, but I think this dip is best with regular, full fat cream cheese for creamiest texture!
- Fresh jalapeños are best, but you may use canned in a pinch! One generous tablespoon of canned equals one fresh jalapeño.
- Regular or low fat mayo work in this recipe. If you don’t have mayo, you may substitute sour cream or even Palin Greek yogurt (not sweetened).
- I like the cheddar/mozzarella combination for this recipe, but Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese also works. Mozzarella tends to yield the best stringy cheese when melted. Don’t use fresh (soft) mozzarella, it’s a bit too wet for this recipe. Choose mozzarella that is sold in a round or block shape that will grate.
Baked Jalapeño Dip first published in 2013, updated with new content and photos January 2022
Easy Cheesy Baked Jalapeño Dip
How to make the best cheesy jalapeño dip in minutes! Fresh jalapeños blended with cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella baked to perfection.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise regular or low fat
- 2 jalapeños chopped, seeds removed*
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated sharp is best
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped, white and green parts (reserve a few pieces for top of dip after baking)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- few dashes of hot sauce
Preheat oven to 350 and place rack on upper third of oven. Lightly grease the the baking pan.
Combine all of the dip ingredients into a medium bowl, reserving 1/2 cup of mozzarella and some of the green onion. Stir until combined.
Use a bake-proof dish, any shape with a 2 cup capacity. Place ingredients in the dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella on top.
Bake at 350 uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove and top with a few chopped green onion slices.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, sliced baguette, pita bread slices, large Fritos or crackers.
- This recipe may be doubled and spread into a 9×9 or a 9×13 pan. The bake time stays the same.