You did it. You conquered Thanksgiving day! You made all the pies, turkey, rolls, side dishes, etc. and everyone had a delicious meal. Now…what to do with all the leftover turkey? Try these 10 Delicious Ways to use Your Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey. I promise you’ll love them!
First thing to remember, you can substitute turkey for any dish that calls for cooked chicken. I chop up my leftover dark and white meat and mix the two for a perfect blend in any chicken based recipe!
Also, If you have more turkey than you can possibly use in the next five days, chop and place in containers, such as freezer quart Ziplocks or other reusable storage containers, label and freeze. It will make for easy meal prep during the busy holidays. I like to freeze in 2-3 cup portions.
- Best Thanksgiving Leftover Pie: (above) The most perfect and logical solution is to make a pie out of the leftovers. All of your holiday table goodness, packed into one savory pie!
2. Aunt Sheri’s Chicken Lasagna: Just substitute the chicken for your Thanksgiving turkey and you’ve got the perfect meal to use up those leftovers. Warm, creamy, cheesy, and filling!
3. Family Style Tostadas: Gather everyone in the kitchen to make these family style tostadas. Use your leftover turkey and all your favorite toppings.
4. Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole: Chase away the cold gray days with this Cream Cheese Chicken (turkey!) Casserole. Turn on your oven, grab that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and get out your favorite casserole dish! This is a dinner your whole family will love!
5. Family Favorite Chicken Enchiladas: Swap out the chicken for your leftover turkey in this family favorite recipe for chicken enchiladas. The white enchilada sauce in this recipe is so creamy and cheesy! YUM.
6. Chicken, Pear and Smoked Gouda Salad: Chicken, Pear and Smoked Gouda Salad is the ultimate blend of everything a salad should be. Your leftover Thanksgiving turkey will taste equally delicious as the chicken in this recipe. For this recipe, I suggest only using white meat.
7. Homemade Cafe Rio Chicken Tortilla Soup: Soup is one of my favorite things to cook because it’s easy and filling, and can most of the time be made in just a few minutes. Homemade Cafe Rio Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of our favorites!
8. Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup: Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup has been a hit with everyone from toddlers to 80 year old friends. It’s quick and easy and can be made both on the stovetop or the slow cooker. Throw in turkey instead of chicken and you’re good to go!
9. Teriyaki Spinach Pasta Salad: Teriyaki Spinach Pasta Salad is always a winner at gatherings. It is filled with many things we love: Teriyaki chicken (substitute your leftover turkey!) and dressing, oranges, Craisins, fresh spinach, pasta, water chestnuts, and honey roasted nuts to name a few. So tasty!
10. Easy Southwest Tortilla Rollups: Easy Southwest Tortilla Rollups made with your leftover turkey are everything you love in a Southwestern style meal, rolled up into a tortilla. This is a bake-and-go recipe, perfect for busy evenings!
We hope you find a recipe or two to try. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner leftovers!